Paths to Pier 42 is a series of temporary art, design and educational installations and public events along the East River Waterfront.
Since 2013, the project’s partner organizations have organized this participatory process to increase access and create temporary public uses while areas of the waterfront from the Brooklyn Bridge to East River Park are awaiting capital improvements.
PATHS TO PIER 42 PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS:
- Good Old Lower East Side
- Hester Street Collaborative
- Lower East Side Ecology Center
- Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
- Two Bridges Neighborhood Council
Our goals are to:
- Create safe and inviting pedestrian access from the surrounding residential neighborhoods
- Celebrate local culture and history
- Provide environmental education
- Promote healthy living
- Inform residents about local development issues
- Engage communities that live and work along the waterfront in the development and construction (if possible) of the art/design installations
For the most up-to-date information on the project, including a listing of the selected artists and designers, visit www.pathstopier42.com.