Two Bridges Neighborhood Council offers standards-based, hands-on learning at the summer session of Two Bridges Kids. Children ages 7-13 master science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), as well as literacy, oral and written communication skills via project-based learning.
Working in collaborative groups, campers:
- explore the physical and social world around them during field trips in and surrounding NYC,
- develop scientific questions,
- perform bibliographic research,
- design experiments,
- collect and analyze data,
- write, revise, and present reports.
Each summer, campers explore a different aspect of the neighborhood around them. Previous camps themes include “Nature in your neighborhood: exploring urban ecology” and “Exploring New York City’s watershed: where does our water come from, and where does it go?”
This program is located in the Goldie Chu Community Room of the Two Bridges Tower, is a licensed School Age Child Care facility, and is inspected twice yearly by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.